Servus GumBall Give-Away, Game! Servus, a sponsor of the Market had a fantastic idea for the last market of the season. They will bring their GumBall machine - the cost is $1 a go, with ALL proceeds going to the United Way Campaign. How it works: Each color of gumball corresponds to a prize and the more valuable the prize, the fewer gumballs of that color there are. PRIZES include: SunWorks sausage, Ada's Soap Shop vegan bar of soap, Riverbend Garden Vegetables, Moonshine Doughnuts, organic chocolate bars, tickets to the Citadel, AND MORE...
Morrie's Hand Crafts will make his final appearance at the market selling his wonderful selection of handcrafted, corian bowels, word art AND wood-branch key or coat racks. Corian is a durable substance, mainly used in building counter tops. It looks akin to marble and comes in many colours. It's never to early to think about the perfect christmas gift - Morries, has you covered.
Squashes...Squashes...SQUASHES! Winter Squash season is one of my favourite food seasons of the year! Oh the variety: from bumpy to smooth, from orange to yellow and green. Winter Squashes can be pureed, steamed, baked, roasted, sauteed! Add squash to vegetarian lasagna, fill gnocci with them, make soup, or serve roasted with butter, maple syrup and cinnamon. Use them in muffins and cookies or add to curries. So much to do with this highly versatily and nutritious vegetable. And they keep, so load up on your farm-fresh, local Winter Squash from RiverBend Gardens, Dargatz Family Farm and Holden Colony.
momstown will be back at the info tent doing a craft with young children who come to our market, so be sure to stop by and make a craft. This week is a super fun activity: TISSUE PAPER PUMPKINS
Remember, if you see something on the lists below that you especially want to seek out, stop by the info tent. There we have a large map of the site that shows where vendors are located and we have volunteers who can direct you to help you find those treasured items.
- Apples (Galas, Macs, Pink Ladies)
- Asian Pears!
- Dehydrated apples, sparkling cider, 100% pure apple juice
- Cherries (dark cherries)
- Concord grapes (the seedless wine grapes, small & dark & ever so flavour-filled) AND Green Grapes.
- Pears (Bosc and Bartlett)
- Plums (many, many, kinds!)
- Saskatoons (fresh saskatoons are no longer available, but frozen ones are)
- Specialty soap (Ada's Soap)
- Jewellery this week (necklaces, earrings, from Capiluv)
- Adorable Gift Tags and hair pins, from Capiluv.
- Bath & body items (lip balms, bath bombs, body creams)
- Corian Bowels, Wooden Coat Racks & word Art (Morrie's Hand Crafts)
- the ATM will be in the centre of the market, beside Yellowbird Food Truck, should you need access to a banking machine
- Due to the onset of chillier weather the slide will not be at the market till summer 2014.
- The balloon busker will be at the market, creating lively, fun designs out of his rainbow of coloured balloons.
- The Dolphin Lady facepainter will be at the market, creating incredible works of art on wee little faces
- momstown will be at the SWEFM Info tent doing crafts with the kids that they're sure to enjoy, free of charge.
- And as always, there are plenty
of curbs and rocks to balance on along the avenue of trees that goes
down the centre of our market!
- Sailin' On (vegan),
- Bully (gourmet comfort food)
- Yellow Bird (Japanese fusion)
- Fat Franks (gourmet hotdogs, sausages & smokies)
- Butcher's Bus (sausage on a bun, pierogies & soft ice cream cones)
- Pink Kernel (snow cones, mini donuts, popped carnival corn, cotton candy)