If this dark leafy green hasn't found its way to your kitchen yet, kale chips are a great way to introduce them to your family. These chips are light, crispy, and don't taste like a health food, which makes them the perfect way to get vegetables in the hands of picky kids. Don't be fooled by the word "chips", though: kale chips are a great way to fit in one of the market's healthiest food into your snacking routine! Sneak in a bag of kale chips into your next visit to the movie theatre, pack them for lunch, and have them on-hand to crumble and add on top of pasta or salads. You'll soon be making these every week, so if you're looking for different twists on your new favourite snack, check out 15 other flavour ideas here!
Spicy Kale Chips
1 bunch kale (washed and thoroughly dried)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF
2. Remove main stem from kale leaves and tear into medium-sized pieces.
3. Place kale on a cookie sheet with little or no overlap.
4. Drizzle olive oil over kale, spread and massage oil into leaves evenly using your fingers or a paintbrush.
5. In a separate bowl, mix salt, cayenne pepper, paprika and pepper.
6. Sprinkle spice mix evenly over kale.
7. Bake for 8-12 minutes, checking frequently. Once most leaves are crispy, your chips are done.
8. Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Enjoy!
Where can I find ingredients at SWEFM?
- Riverbend Gardens, Holden Colony, Dargatz Family Farm and The Plot all carry kale.
- The Plot makes kale chips for market, so stop by if you don't have time to cook this week!
Visit our website at http://www.swefm.ca
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/swefm.ca
Write a review of us on Trip Advisor: SWEFM on Trip Advisor
Kale chip photo courtesy of: eatingwell.com