Our website has been redesigned! We are very excited to unveil the new look for our website. It is crisp, clean and contemporary and filled with animated slide shows and photos of all of the gorgeous things that are available at our market for you to purchase, enjoy and experience. Check out this link: SWEFM Website!
Shilo's Glass is an artisan vendor, new to our market this week, who has been around for 14 years. You may have seen Betty's work at the St. Albert market. She makes cheese boards, perfect for entertaining, made out of flattened wine bottles and they come with a good quality cheese knife.
Greenstein Lamb has been one of our regular, biweekly vendors. Greenstein will now becoming EVERY week! Lisa brings top quality lamb to our market. Starting this week, she will be adding something new! She will be selling top quality home made dog food! Check out her booth... the one with the cute lamb on the banner, and see what this is all about.
Peter's Lakeview Farms will be here... finally! A saskatoon berry farm, they will be bringing more than just fruit. Starting this week they will be bringing pies, saskatoon berries and jam.
It's Pickling Season... and this week we'll be adding a dill pickle recipe to our market blog. Knowing that, you can shop for the cukes and dill that you will need to make them at our veggie vendor booths... Riverbend Gardens, Holden Colony, T.R.Greenhouses and Dargatz Family Farm. For the recipe we'll be posting Friday, you'll need about 8 pounds of dill pickle sized cucumbers, and 2 bunches of dill (preferably with the flowers as well).
Last week, someone tweeted that they'd missed finding raspberry & cocoa... they had wanted to try the new brioches that they made for last week's market. Remember, if you see something on the lists below that you especially want to seek out, stop by the info tent. There we have a large map of the site that shows where vendors are located and we have volunteers who can direct you to help you find those treasured items.
- Watermelon! Yup! It's finally the season for fresh, local watermelon!
- Saskatoons along with saskatoon pies & jams!
- Cherries (dark cherries & yellow Rainers)
- Apples (think galas & macs & other delicious BC apples)
- Pears (green & red)
- Dehydrated apples, sparkling cider, 100% pure apple juice and a few other goodies
- Strawberries (not a sure thing... the season is winding down for strawberries)
- There is NO SLIDE this week (sorry to all the kids who have looked forward to it this week and last)
- The balloon busker will be at the market, creating lively, fun designs out of his rainbow of coloured balloons.
- momstown will be at the SWEFM Info tent doing crafts with the kids that they're sure to enjoy, free of charge. This week they'll be making paper corn on the cob using real popped corn!
- There are plenty of curbs and rocks to balance on along the avenue of trees that goes down the centre of our market!
- Sailin' On (vegan),
- Bully (gourmet comfort food)
- Yellow Bird (Japanese fusion)
- Fat Franks (gourmet hotdogs, sausages & smokies)
- Butcher's Bus (sausage on a bun, pierogies & soft ice cream cones)
- Pink Kernel (snow cones, mini donuts, popped carnival corn, cotton candy)
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/swefm.ca
Contributed by Sheri Hendsbee