- Sweet Grass will be here with spectacular cut flowers... they specialize in gorgeous, eye-popping lilies! Take home a bright bouquet to your table and bring that vibrant flash of colour and the beauty of a summer garden into your home. Lilies are one of those "wow" factor flowers! They'll be available in pots too.
- Breezesta will be providing extra seating this week while demo-ing their lawn & deck furniture, a series of brightly coloured pieces made from 100% recyclable poly lumber .
- For the second week in a row, our mobile atm machine will be back on site, situated in a trailer just north of Bully's bright orange food truck at the main entrance to the market. Many people used the ATM machine last week, when we trialled it for an hour and a half (please stop by the info tent to tell us how you found this service)
- The summer heat we are welcoming is bringing with it a few baking challenges to Raspberry & Cocoa. So OJ & Kevin are using their highly skilled, creative baking talents and trying something other than their decadent croissants... they plan to be bringing out a few new recipes at the market this week: a French version of shortbread called a Sablé Cookie in green tea with chocolate, and walnut and tea flavours, along with a Brioche style of bread including bostock with almond fillings or hazelnut fillings and brioche with orange peel and aniseed)
- Everything Cheese will be here! I know we said it before, and then the market was cancelled because of the tornado... but this week they really will be here! They'll be bringing Oka, Chevre Noir (goat cheddar), Smokehouse cheddar, Italian Style Gouda (from Sylvan Star) and also Local Pecorino (sheep's milk) from The Cheesiry.
- The South Terwillegar Playground Committee will be at our Community Engagement Tent
The fruit trucks are bringing a wealth of beautiful fruit in from BC. This week expect to see:
- Cherries (dark cherries and what our market manager calls the extra sweet sugar bombs... the Rainers... those pale yellow cherries with just a blush of red colouring)
- Apples (think galas & macs & other delicious BC apples)
- Pears (green & red)
- Dehydrated apples, sparkling cider, 100% pure apple juice and a few other goodies
- Strawberries (not a sure thing... the season is winding down for strawberries)
- Sailin' On (vegan),
- Bully (gourmet comfort food)
- Yellow Bird (Japanese fusion)
- Fat Franks (gourmet hotdogs, sausages & smokies)
- Butcher's Bus (sausage on a bun, pierogies & soft ice cream cones)
- Pink Kernel (snow cones, mini donuts, popped carnival corn, cotton candy)
Barring high winds and wild weather, the inflatable slide will be on site along with the face painter and balloon creator. And this week we are continuing with our treasure hunt puzzle that takes the kids, young & old, hunting and seeking throughout the stalls of our market to solve clues and see just how well they know the Southwest Edmonton Farmers' Market. It will be a different puzzle this week! Younger preschool kids will do a visual picture puzzle, and the older kids will have to solve clues to complete their puzzle. Kids can pick up their puzzles at the SWEFM Info Tent, and then, once completed, return them to our volunteers at the SWEFM Info tent for the chance to win fun a prize! Last week's winner will be picking up Sweet Stuff cupcakes... yum!!!
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/swefm.ca
Contributed by Sheri Hendsbee