Smoky Valley Goat Cheese is a new vendor at our market this week bringing their wonderful farmstead cheeses... goat cheeses (think chèvre, feta, brie, valency and St. Maure) and artisan cow cheeses (think raclette, Cardiff with sun dried tomato, havarti, gruyere). Everything is done on the farm, from raising and milking the herd through to pasturizing the milk and making the cheese. Check out a video on Smoky Valley Cheese to learn more: http://vimeo.com/15335997
A.I.G Produce (Osoyoos) has many fresh apple varieties being picked from their fields in BC. This week, be on the look out for the near-famous honey crisp apple - known for being very crisp, sweet-tart and juicy. As well, GALA apples are on special, by the case load: $10 for 12 pounds of apples. Ambrosia, is another delicious variety that will be in stock. This home-grown originates from BC. It is a favourite amongst many for it's crispness, creamy colouring (with blush hues) and because it does not turn brown quickly, when sliced.
Andy's Finest Jerky was formed in late 2010 after its founder Andy discovered that his products were becoming ever increasingly popular. Starting from a small smoker in his backyard, Andy had supplied his product to family and friends and soon demand outstripped supply. Andy's Finest Jerky make and offer for sale beef jerky made from AAA graded Alberta beef. Sliced and seasoned to perfection then naturally smoked to its finest. Flavors include: Original, teriyaki, peppered, hot & spicy, honey garlic. Be sure to stop by and ask for a sample
Riverbend Gardens surprised market goers at last week's market with BRUSSELS SPROUTS. Sure, not the favourite vegetable to everyone, but for those who love em - this time of season is a bounty of deliciousness! And not just any brussels sprouts: Riverbend Gardens sells theirs loaded on the stem. This a great way to learn more about how vegetables grow. Brussels Sprouts are in the brassica family, like kale, arugula and cabbage. Their flavour gets sweet with cool temperatures.
momstown will be back at the info tent doing a craft with young children who come to our market, so be sure to stop by and make a craft. This week is a super fun activity: reading a story called "Monsters DON'T EAT Broccoli" and making monsters!
Remember, if you see something on the lists below that you especially want to seek out, stop by the info tent. There we have a large map of the site that shows where vendors are located and we have volunteers who can direct you to help you find those treasured items.
- Apples (Galas, Macs, Pink Ladies)
- Dehydrated apples, sparkling cider, 100% pure apple juice
- Cherries (dark cherries & yellow Rainers)
- Concord grapes (the seedless wine grapes, small & dark & ever so flavour-filled)
- Currants, red & black
- Pears (green & red)
- Plums (yellow & purple & Dinosaur's egg)
- Saskatoons (fresh saskatoons are no longer available, but frozen ones are)
- Dazzling polished stones, minerals and crystals (It's in the Stones)
- Beautiful, one of a kind cheese platters made out of wine bottles (Shilo's Glass)
- Specialty soap (Ada's Soap)
- Jewellery this week (necklaces, earrings, bracelets from Jewels By Amy).
- Bath & body items (lip balms, bath bombs, body creams)
- Great seating, picnic tables, patio & deck furniture from BREEZESTA Patio Chairs
- the ATM will be in the centre of the market, beside Yellowbird Food Truck, should you need access to a banking machine
- Due to the onset of chillier weather the slide will not be at the market till summer 2014.
- The balloon busker will be at the market, creating lively, fun designs out of his rainbow of coloured balloons.
- The Dolphin Lady facepainter will be at the market, creating incredible works of art on wee little faces
- momstown will be at the SWEFM Info tent doing crafts with the kids that they're sure to enjoy, free of charge.
- And as always, there are plenty
of curbs and rocks to balance on along the avenue of trees that goes
down the centre of our market!
- Sailin' On (vegan),
- Bully (gourmet comfort food)
- Yellow Bird (Japanese fusion)
- Fat Franks (gourmet hotdogs, sausages & smokies)
- Butcher's Bus (sausage on a bun, pierogies & soft ice cream cones)
- Pink Kernel (snow cones, mini donuts, popped carnival corn, cotton candy)