Birds & Bees Organic Wine and Mead will be at the market this Wednesday! They make brilliant organic fruit wines, with fruit grown on their family farm and meads. The wines range from sweet to dry, and are light and tantalizing on first taste. Little Flirt Rhubarb and Big Teaser Raspberry wine come highly recommended.
Just a reminder that we have an entirely new look for our website. It is crisp, clean and contemporary and filled with animated slide shows and photos of all of the gorgeous things that are available at our market for you to purchase, enjoy and experience. Check out this link: SWEFM Website!
Greenstein Farms is bringing their sustainably raised farm fresh bacon and ham to the market. Also, they will have boneless leg of lamb & lamb shoulder chops ON SALE! Greenstein farm humanely raises lamb, pork and beef on their family farm near Camrose.
Holden's Colony has a has a new crop of Clover honey to bring to market. Eli said they have fresh honey from their 40 hives that are surrounded by seed clover.
Riverbend Gardens is bringing their famous sweet corn to the market. This corn is grown on a 3rd generation family farm located in NE Edmonton, and travels less than 50 km from farm to SWEFM. Now that's local!
momstown will be back at the info tent doing a craft with the young children who come to our market. This week, they'll be making rock art. It's sure to be lots of fun!
Farmstead Bath and Body Lisa, of Farmstead Bath & Body packs a little bit of their farm into each bar of soap. Together, Lisa and her husband have farmed for twenty-two seasons on their property near Boyle, Alberta. According to Lisa, their farm includes a little bit of it all, “cows, hay, grain, oil seeds, horses, sheep, chickens, llamas, emus, ducks...you name it, we enjoy it!”
Remember, if you see something on the lists below that you especially want to seek out, stop by the info tent. There we have a large map of the site that shows where vendors are located and we have volunteers who can direct you to help you find those treasured items.
- Apples (Galas, Macs, Pink Ladies)
- Dehydrated apples, sparkling cider, 100% pure apple juice
- Cherries (dark cherries & yellow Rainers)
- Coronation grapes (the seedless wine grapes, small & dark & ever so flavour-filled)
- Currants, red & black
- Pears (green & red)
- Plums (yellow & purple & Dinosaur's egg)
- Saskatoons (fresh saskatoons are no longer available, but frozen ones are)
- Jewellery this week (necklaces, earrings, bracelets from Jewels By Amy, Gypsy Bird and Three Muffin Top Charms)
- Beautiful, one of a kind cheese platters made out of wine bottles (Shilo's Glass)
- Specialty soap and bath products (Farmstead Bath & Body)
- Bath & body items (lip balms, bath bombs, body creams)
- the ATM will be in the centre of the market, beside Yellowbird Food Truck, should you need access to a banking machine
- Barring high winds (forecasted at over 25km/hr and wild weather, the inflatable slide will be BACK on site
- The balloon busker will be at the market, creating lively, fun designs out of his rainbow of coloured balloons.
- The Dolphin Lady facepainter will be at the market, creating incredible works of art on wee little faces
- momstown will be at the SWEFM Info tent doing crafts with the kids that they're sure to enjoy, free of charge.
- And as always, there are plenty
of curbs and rocks to balance on along the avenue of trees that goes
down the centre of our market!
- Sailin' On (vegan),
- Bully (gourmet comfort food)
- Yellow Bird (Japanese fusion)
- Fat Franks (gourmet hotdogs, sausages & smokies)
- Butcher's Bus (sausage on a bun, pierogies & soft ice cream cones)
- Pink Kernel (snow cones, mini donuts, popped carnival corn, cotton candy)
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/swefm.ca
Contributed by Melisa Zapisocky